Translate

Sunday 5 May 2013

The Impact of Cinema in my life!

Cinema in India has completed its glorious 100 years on the 3rd of May, 2013. Indian Film Industry has always been the greatest in terms of number of movies produced and released in a year. So many talented directors, actors, actresses and people related to films have come and gone but the industry stands tall on its feet in its centenary year.
Since my birth, the 'Khans' of the industry have been making their mark. During my childhood days if someone asked me who was my favourite actor,  I would instantly say ShahRukh Khan. His movies like DDLJ, Kuch kuch Hota hai, K3G, Mohabbatein, Baadshah were all great blockbusters at that time and depicted SRK as the personality which every boy would want to be.
As years passed and some brains deposited in my head, I changed my gear to meaningful cinema. And that meaning was certainly provided in the movies of Aamir Khan. Be it Lagaan (which teaches you being in unity and spirit), be it Rang De Basanti (which awakens the youth and is my all time favourite movie), be it Taare Zameen Par (which tells that every child is unique in his/her own way and in which I cried for the first time in theatre) and be it many other movies like Sarfarosh, Fanaa and not to forget 3 Idiots (the highest grossing movie of India ever), all are masterpieces.
The impact of cinema is such that one can't adhere to a single favourite. There will always be at least 2 to 3 favourites at a time. Not only actors, but as I grew up into an 18 above, beautiful heroines also started blowing up my mind (and also taking away my heart sometimes). Let me mention some names like Kareena Kapoor or Deepika Padukone who are not only known for their acting skills but also for their scintillating looks.
Talking about Bollywood music, Oh! I just love every new musical song of A.R.Rahman, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, Vishal-Shekhar, Amit Trivedi, Pritam (and even Himesh Reshammiya sometimes). Many of my friends like to hear English songs but my phone's playlist is always full of Hindi music.
The style and glamour that the movies offer to a young mind, makes another important impact. And I confess that I would like to keep Ranbir Kapoor's hairstyle that he kept in in the movie Rockstar, but still I haven't been able to copy him.
The off-beat, parallel cinema also keeps moving side-by-side amongst the blockbuster entertainers and movies like Udaan, Kahaani, Paan Singh Tomar, Gangs of Wasseypur, etc. are good examples of it.
A lot of new young directors and talented actors are making the film industry stronger and likelier to watch. May this celebration of cinema keeps going on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment