Translate

Wednesday 5 February 2014

My New Year Resolution!

Its a new year, 2014!! Well already a month has passed. The previous year was really good because of many reasons but the most important one was that I stepped into my post-grad life which would be making my career, my profession. The one which I have dreamed of. The one which I have also written everywhere on the social websites. My aspiration of being an advertising professional.
So, one day I asked myself in self-realization, that what extra am I doing to become one of those, besides pursuing an Ad. & P.R. course and doing internships in the agency offices? Knowing that GOOGLE has answers to all our questions, I typed "ADVERTISING INDUSTRY" in the search box. I know that all the important results that GOOGLE gives are on the first page itself. But that day I clicked on the next page as my satisfaction level did not achieve a break-even point from the first page results like 'wikipedia' or some crap slideshows or PDFs which we generally use to copy-paste in our project assignments. Something unusual happened and I got my answer from the second page. 'Ad critique' was written in one of the results and a link to a blog was given. On opening it, I found that the last blog that person has written was 5 years back in 2009 and he was not an Indian that I could find from the peregrine ads which he had reviewed in his blog. 
Thanks to that blog, I got my answer. Someone would reckon it as cheating but no! I just got the idea of making an 'Indian remake' of that blog. Haha! Jokes apart,  I got an idea that I should lessen reviewing movies and increase reviewing advertisements. This would, in turn, help me in building my portfolio. So one can call this as my new year resolution but yes I will be reviewing different ads now on my blog.
I got my answer from GOOGLE. Thus my first ad review will be of GOOGLE as well. Coming soon... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment